The Seasonal Educational Manager (EM) reports directly to the Artistic Associate.
The EM will serve as a key member of the Education team and acts as lead teaching artist and
advisor to a team of Education Apprentices. The EM will make strong artistic contributions to
the success of our youth productions by serving as Director and/or Choreographer.
– Serve as liaison and advocate for the Education Department during staff and production
– Maintain regular and effective communication with parents/caregivers
– Create and maintain daily camp schedule
– Assist in creating and executing camp/program curricula for students ages 6-15 y/o
– Direct/Choreograph summer youth productions
– Ideal candidates are early to mid-career TYA professionals with at least 5 years of
experience as a teaching artist
– Fluency in Spanish or ESL a plus
– In accordance with national standards and practices, all potential EM’s are subject to a
federal background check
The Educational Manager is tasked with supervising a team of Education
Apprentices. Ideal candidates should have a passion for mentoring emerging theatre
Dates of Employment: June – August 2020
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company in Silverthorne, Colorado is a professional theatre working
under an AEA SPT contract. The LDTC has an annual budget of just under $2M and is
committed to enhancing the quality of life in Summit County and the Colorado Front Range by
providing unique and accessible cultural experiences through the Performing Arts.
The Silverthorne Performing Arts Center, a newly opened $10m facility, is home to the LDTC.
The SPAC is the center of arts and culture development and growth and the LDTC is the core
foundation to this expansion. The LDTC’s core values of integrity, impact, quality, intimacy, and
diversity of programming influence all aspects of development, programming, and operations.
Housing and travel accommodations or travel stipends available.
LDTC is a proud equal opportunity employer. No person shall be excluded from the services of
the organization because of race, color, religious beliefs, sex, age, gender orientation, national
origin, or physical or mental disability.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references (as one PDF) via email to
Please include EDUCATIONAL MANAGER in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 31, 2020
Download Job Description: EDUCATIONAL MANAGER description