Box office Attendant Job Description
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company (LDTC), Colorado’s Intimate Professional Theatre located in Silverthorne, Colorado, seeks to hire a seasonal Box Office Attendant for our summer/fall 2018 season. Attendants reports to the Patron Services Manager.
Primary Responsibilities: The attendant is responsible for handling box-office activities. Including (but not limited to)
· Ticket Sales
· Phone Inquiries
· Providing Informative answers to questions about the LDTC
· Night of Show/Front of house duties
· Customer Service and Positive Guest Interaction
· Provide excellent customer service to LDTC patrons and guest.
· Effectively problem solve when issues or challenges arise in a positive manner.
· Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money, must have basic working knowledge of cash handling procedures.
· Computer experience with ticketing software (Macintosh/Patron Manager preferred)
· Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers and supervisors.
· Must have flexible schedule and work 3-4 hour shifts on select Tuesdays through Sundays (many evenings).
· Good organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and be a team player with excellent time management and people management skills.
· Ideal Candidates have 1-2 year(s) previous experience in box office ticketing, events, or customer service.
· Must be able to work in a diverse and changing work environment, along with LDTC staff and volunteers.
· Candidates with experience in and a passion for the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
These competencies are to be demonstrated by everyone in employed at the Lake Dillon Theatre Company. They represent a standard of expectancy as it relates to the organization’s core values.
• Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring the LDTC policies
• Customer focus: Striving for the highest customer satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the customer rather than our organization
• Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, keeping others informed
• Congeniality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
• Initiative: Taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
• Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
• Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
Required Skills/Environmental and Physical Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand/sit for long periods of time during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
Salary: Part-time, hourly, seasonal. $10.20 per hour or more based on experience.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to Nina@LakeDillonTheatre.org