Theatre SilCo is an Equity theatre in Silverthorne, Colorado currently accepting applications for Teaching Artists for the 2024 Summer Season. Camps include: The Spongebob Musical production camp; Pete the Cat, PJ Masks, Paw Patrol, Dog Man, Bluey, Bubble Guppies, The Pout-Pout Fish, and The Wonky Donkey Playmakers camps; Movement of Theatre, Best of Broadway, Improv Theatre, and Musical Theatre Dance skills based camps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Teaching Artists will serve as a key member of the Education team and act as lead teacher and advisor to a team of high school Education Apprentices. Our teaching artists will make strong artistic contributions to the success of our youth productions and camps by overseeing Youth Workshop Productions and camp activities.
DEPARTMENT SUPPORT: The teaching artists will help maintain the daily camp schedule, assist in creating curriculum, oversee the daily implementation of curriculum, assist with external communications to families and/or artistic staff, attend production meetings, and support a culture of generosity and empathy.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES:
- Aide in drop off and pick up for all Youth Theatre Workshops and Camps
- Teach children from Pre-K to 9th grade the fundamentals of theatre as well as working towards full productions following the curriculum that the Seasonal Education Manager and Teaching Artists created.
- Make copies or materials for daily art projects
- Take notes on the weekly goings on at camp and help create an end of week email to go out to the campers parents to go out at the end of the camp week. The Seasonal Education Manager will send out the email.
- Take photos of daily camp activities and upload to a Google Drive folder that is shared with parents in weekly emails each Friday. (a different folder for each camp with separate folders for each cohort)
- The Teaching Artists will be present for lunch time and offer other staff members a short 5 minute break to get lunch and use the restroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience as a teaching artist. Candidates with Spanish language fluency or previous experience in an ESL environment are encouraged to apply. In accordance with national standards and practices, all potential SEM’s are subject to a federal background check.
DATES AND INFO:
Contract Start Date: June 3, 2024
Contract End Date: August 10, 2024 (strong possibility contract might end August 31, 2024. This is contingent of the start date of school in Summit County) Typical hours are 8:00a-5:00p M-F with some Saturday performances and some Saturday staff meetings. $500-$600/wk DOE Housing and travel provided Ability to bring vehicle a plus
TO APPLY: Letter of interest, resume, website/portfolio links – Please send all application materials to: Whitney Carter, Production/Company Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include TEACHING ARTIST in the subject line)